To help us start building the studio as quickly as possible, we are hoping to raise 10,000 EUR this month.
Refuge began as a series of fundraising events in solidarity with refugees and migrants arriving in the city, raising money for emergency shelters. Over the years we developed the project to support many different marginalised communities, and since 2015 our events at places have helped support and contribute to a young women’s centre, housing support associations, a music school, social equity groups, homeless associations, and a shelter for women and young persons fleeing domestic violence.
It is more important than ever to make sure we build thriving, independent and growing cooperative communities. The new Refuge Worldwide studio will not only be a community space but it will offer a platform to artists, DJs, community leaders, activists and journalists to showcase their work, as well as helping to connect people with grassroots organisations.
Any donation is warmly welcome, and if you would like to receive one of the additional bonus gifts below, please specify or let us know at hello at refugeworldwide dot com
- Donate €15 for a free drink at our launch party (when restrictions allow)
- Donate €25 for a free download of the first Refuge Worldwide compilation album + the above
- Donate €40 for all of the above and your name on a plaque in the toilets
- Donate €50 for all the above & a Refuge Worldwide tote bag (made with recycled fabric, shipping costs apply)
- Donate €75 for all the above & a Refuge Worldwide scarf (shipping costs apply)
Why do we need the studio space?
- A physical studio will allow us to be online more days and for longer hours, offering additional space for programming
- We want to provide a safe and welcoming space for the community to practice and train on professional equipment
- We plan to begin producing our own content covering the issues important to us and our online community, including human rights, migration and sustainability.
- To have a place for host events and community workshops, including mentorship classes from our residents
The studio will be open, at no cost, to youth and community groups, marginalised persons, and persons who do not have access to a professional audio environment. We will have a booking system to enable training, practicing and/or an introduction to a professional DJ booth and radio studio. Slots/time can be used for recording pilot episodes, getting to know industry standard equipment like turntables and DJ mixers, or just for practicing voice overs and mixes.
Refuge Worldwide commits to striving for a gender balanced station, representative of minorities.
- We operate a zero-tolerance policy toward racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism and xenophobia
- Intend to work for the benefit of the local area
- Host community focused initiatives
- Create and allow discourse to flourish
- Deliver a diverse and high quality music programme
We are really excited to present a broad range of shows ranging from 100% music-focused programmes, to some that incorporate interviews and debate, to programmes completely dedicated to discussion.
The music policy is diverse, from hip-hop to house, new wave to northern soul, reggae to R&B, ambient to IDM. All of our hosts have freedom to do what they like with their shows and programme structure.
Featured collectives and platforms will include monthly shows from female:pressure, an international network of female, transgender and non-binary artists; Berlin-based lesbian crew Climax, CO:QUO, Black Brown Berlin, Face The Music and Creative Sustainability. Femme Bass Mafia (a music mentorship programme for female, trans and non- binary persons) will host a showcase every two months featuring a run of shows from their latest graduates. Shows are also scheduled from Mission Lifeline, an NGO with rescue boats in the Mediterranean, Transmission.net (discussion politics of the dance floor), and Bass Incarnate, celebrating bass music rooted in the African Diaspora.
Thank you for reading and your support. If you can’t contribute with a donation we would greatly appreciate sharing this page on your social media channels.
(Refuge Worldwide founder)
Video - Dhanesh Jayaselan
Post sound mixing - Joaquin Fangmann
Music - Primary Perception 'Metropolis' [Unreleased]
Animation - IG: @klub_artefakt
SpendenAbsteigend nach Summe
- Catherine Creamer
- Moyoon El-Choy
- Sohrab Yazdanmehr
- Calum Sutherland
Die führende Spendenplattform
GoFundMe ist die Spendenplattform mit den meisten Kampagnen. Mehr erfahren
Garantie von GoFundMe
In den seltenen Fällen, in denen Unstimmigkeiten auftreten, klären wir in Zusammenarbeit mit der Person, die diese meldet, ob ein Fall von Missbrauch vorliegt. Mehr erfahren
Kompetente Beratung, 24/7
Wende dich mit deinen Fragen an uns; wir antworten dir rund um die Uhr. Mehr erfahren